Organizations are struggling to hire developers. The problem is not new as it has been around for years. Then, the pandemic hit and everything needed to go online. The demand for software surged. And as a result, the developer shortage worsened considerably. According to The Bureau of Labor Statistics, by 2026, the shortage of tech talents in the US will exceed 1.2M. On a global scale, the number will be massive, surely. The good thing is, with a tweak in hiring strategy, you still can get a team full of these coveted developers. Hiring a dedicated development team may be the key to solving your developer problem.
- What are the differences between a dedicated development team and a conventional one?
- What to keep in mind when considering hiring a dedicated team?
- Advantages of hiring a dedicated development team:
- Disadvantages of hiring a dedicated development team:
- How to hire a dedicated development team?
What are the differences between a dedicated development team and a conventional one?
In short, a dedicated development team is a group of outsourced developers that collaborates with a client on a long term basis. This is one of the most popular partnership models, along with the fixed price (FP) and time & materials (T&M) models.
By functionality, a dedicated team is not different from a conventional one. They are technically your employees, selected by you, with the ultimate goal of delivering your idea. Though, with a dedicated team, you’re no longer bothered by administrative, human resource, tax, or social welfare issues. Your partner – the real employer of the given dedicated team – will handle all these matters.
What if you already have an in-house development team of your own? Doesn’t matter. The dedicated team can work on the same project as the current team or focus on an entirely different one. With their expertise, they can fill up the skill gap your in-house team may have.
What to keep in mind when considering hiring a dedicated team?
Advantages of hiring a dedicated development team:
- Resources saving. You won’t have to spend a lot of time, money and effort on the employment process. Your partner will provide you with a pool of diverse talents and you can handpick the suitable team members from that. Apart from that, hiring a dedicated team is usually more cost-efficient than hiring a full-time one.
- Flexibility. For a dedicated development team, while the goal is usually clearly defined, the scope of work is often flexible. That means requests can be changed anytime with no difficulties.
- Dedication & Control. Although it is a form of outsourcing, a dedicated team will solely work for you on your project, just like an in-house development team. You can easily interact with the team as well as monitor the progress through popular tools like Skype, Trello,…
Disadvantages of hiring a dedicated development team:
- Inefficient for a short-term project. The dedicated team model works best with a big project, which has flexible requirements and frequently changes.
- Time zones problem. If you hire an offshore dedicated development team, the problem with different time zones will surely arise. But thanks to agile methodology, you can easily solve this issue.
How to hire a dedicated development team?
With DevScout, you have a trusted partner to hire a dedicated development team with more than 7 years of experience and 60+ successful projects in 10+ countries. Here’s how you hire a dedicated team with us and turn your ideas into reality.
Your needs and requirements
The first step is visualizing your ideas and requirements. This includes the tech environment, stack and industry you work in, the skill sets you require, and timing for the provision of the project and resources. We precisely collect your requirements to execute a business analysis and create a project mock-up.
Team members selection
The next step is providing solutions or people, organising demonstrations or interviews for you. Once you have selected the technology or team member, we can set a start date for the project or the person to commence. Then we set up a project management process for you to have control over the process and regularly track the progress.
Once we understand your exact requirements, we will provide you with an agreement with the overall terms of business, prices, and time frames for your review and acceptance.
Launch, support and more
Once your software is up and running, we perform maintenance and are always ready to add extra features to help you keep up with the fast-changing business landscape.
In a world where hiring even one developer is a challenge, it’s time for you to make a change in strategy. A dedicated development team could be that stone to kill both the birds: goal achieving and cost reducing. What you need is an idea. Our developers and business experts at DevScout will help you turn it into a market-ready product. Ready to get started? Contact us through our contact form or send your inquiries to [email protected]!